We have a vacancy in our team for a General Maintenance/Janitor to work across a number of buildings. You will perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the buildings looking perfect. To work well in this role, you should have basic maintenance knowledge of building repairs and experience cleaning.
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Cleaning and stock restrooms.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performing general maintenance tasks for the building or buildings, such as window washing, landscaping, grounds maintenance, painting and more
- Use hand tools, measuring instruments, and other equipment necessary to perform the job. Maintain hand and power tools in working order
- Responding to and completing maintenance requests.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well when supervisors are not present.
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning, and other janitorial work.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Ability to use various hand tools and power tools.
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices
- High school diploma
- Good work history
- Reliable transportation
- At least 1 year of prior maintenance experience
- Related experience also considered
Education and Experience
- Able to use and work from ladders, staging, scaffolds, and elevated platforms.
- Able to bend, reach, stoop, and hold awkward positions for prolonged periods.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Observant which requires seeing, hearing, and smelling
- Routinely walks to and from various buildings carrying tools, equipment, and other essentials to the job site.
Compensation & Benefits
Why you should join the Ramar Team:
- Great Benefits from Day One: Medical, dental, vision, and HRA
- Competitive pay: Starting at $19/hr. with potential to start higher depending on experience.
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Other benefits: 401K with company matching, profit sharing and life insurance
Positions are full time Monday – Friday from 7am-3:30pm.
Submit Your Resume
Don't have a resume? Click here to fill out our online application
About Ramar Steel
Ramar Steel is, above all, a family company.
We look for people who will easily become part of the family and take as much pride as we do in maintaining the superior quality design, fabrication and erection services that have been responsible for our success.