The primary job function is working to install steel beams, steel girders, and columns to create the frames that our modern buildings are built upon. You also may use cabling and cranes, forklift operation and other equipment to move materials around the construction site.
- Unload and stack prefabricated steel
- Operating forklifts, scissors lifts, boom lifts to erect steel columns, beams and girders according to blueprints
- Erecting structural steel frames, bar joist, and decking of structures.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of steel structures
- Connecting columns, beams and girders with bolts or by welding them into place
- Using torches and welding equipment to cut, bend and weld steel
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this position:
- Able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must have all required tools
- Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- At least years in the structural steel erection industry
- Subpart R training
- Subpart CC training
- OSHA 10-hour course
- Valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation to and from jobsites.
Compensation & Benefits
Why you should join the Ramar Team
- Great Benefits from Day One: Medical, dental, vision, and HRA
- Competitive pay: Ranging from $25 to $36 an hour, commensurate with experience level.
- Have a hand in building structures in the area – you get to directly see the impact you make
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Other benefits: 401K with company matching, profit sharing, bonus, and more!
Submit Your Resume
Don't have a resume? Click here to fill out our online application
About Ramar Steel
Ramar Steel is, above all, a family company.
We look for people who will easily become part of the family and take as much pride as we do in maintaining the superior quality design, fabrication and erection services that have been responsible for our success.